Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Draga Csalodom es Baratom


May 9, 2012
Draga Csalodom es Baratom,

My goodness, again, so much to write in so little time.  It’s kind of a bummer that I only have this much time to write an email.  But I understand it and I don’t complain.  That’s so kewl that Ryan is coming home so soon!  I can’t believe it’s been two years since he’s been gone.  Time sure does fly by.  When he comes home, tell him that I say hi and that I’ll see him in 2 years.  I’ve run into Adam a couple of times and I’ve run into Matthew a couple of times while they have been here.  Mostly it’s been in the cafeteria, but I also got a picture with him on Sunday on our temple walk (I’ll send a picture of us to you soon) and he sat in front of me on Tuesday in choir.  He and I both sing tenor and we sang for our MTC fireside “Come ye Children of The Lord”.  And the song was arranged by…can you guess?...Mack Wilburg (I think I spelled it correctly).  It was great!  And the speaker was Elder D. Todd Christofferson.  His talk was quite interesting because it wasn’t necessarily a talk.  It was more like a discussion.  The topic was on the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost and why we recognize them as one.  And the way he approached it was by having us all read scriptures from 2 Nephi 31, 3 Nephi 11 and 27.  Then, he asked us questions and had us answer by having people run up with microphones to the Elders and Sisters who wanted to answer the questions he had.  It was interesting.

That's terrible to hear that Juan (Jordan's truck) clunked out on her. Juan has gone through a lot, he's a fighter. Ha ha! Hopefully he'll keep running for her. Beaucannon Elder and I both came in on the same day along with my whole district. He and I are companions till we depart for Hungary, which we will still be companions till we land in Hungary. We won't get any new residence-mates till next week, I believe, when the new Hungarian group of 13 comes in. Our other Hungarian group of 3 left Monday for Hungary, leaving us behind as the only Hungarian group till next week. We are all looking forward for next week in getting our Kisi (younglings). Oh, and I'm really sorry for not being able to call you on Mother's Day. It is definitely a bummer, but I will be able to call you when I am in the airports of my departure to let you know how I'm doing. I know that my departure day is on June 18th, but I don't know what time in the day I will be leaving. But when I do, I will let you know as soon as possible. :)

I know this is probably a big thing to ask, but is it possible that I could get the (or a) Hungarian flag so that I can hang it up in my room? I definitely don't need it and I don't want you to go out of your way to get one, but if it is at all a possibility, that would be super great. And a little update on my language: I'm doing much better and am continuing to progress in it.

I love you all and I am so blessed to receive letters from all of you. I have such a great family and great friends. Continue writing or Dear Elder'ing me. :)

Szeretlek,
Magda Elder

P.S There are two actual Hungarians that are here serving missions in Finland and Washington D.C North. One of them has a friend who's boyfriend's last name is Magda. I told her where Granddad was born and she said that there may be a small chance that we are related in some way. And this for Uncle Josh. One of the Finnish Teachers (Brother Peterson) said that Uncle Josh was his trainer in Finland. Thought he'd like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment