Monday, January 21, 2013

To Readers Everywhere......Hi!



January 21, 2013
To Readers Everywhere..........Hi!
Already I am sure that this transfer is going to be a BLAST!! Both fun wise and work wise. I already love my new companion, Elder D. He is such an awesome missionary! I know I already told you a little about him last week, but here's some more information. So, he is from San Francisco, California (MY HOME STATE!) and is 6 foot 6 inches. Crazy!! It has already been funny going streeting and tracting with him because people will look at me then look up at him and their eyes get extra wide when they see how tall he is. He is also an intense Volleyball player. He began playing around his junior year in high school and he got super into it and loved the sport. He played for BYU as a red shirt and his plans are to return home and become an actual legit volleyball player and maybe play in the Olympics! Doesn't that sound so kewl?!?! At least to me it does, ha ha. But he says that if that doesn't work out then he will be a professional sport trainer or go into health science. I feel bad for him a little, because his companion isn't the healthiest guy on the planet. But he is teaching me and helping me to be healthier! For example, he has gotten me hooked on eating cornflakes with yogurt. Sounds kinda odd, right? Well, it is definitely a super tasty breakfast or snack and Elder D. has explained to me, in detail, how it is super healthy. Maybe you should give it a try? I promise that it will blow your mind.
In other news about this transfer and how it is going to be awesome, Elder D Angina and I are both SUPER wanting to go out and work and find people all the time. Right now our companionship is in a lack of investigators predicament and this transfer is going to be all about trying to find those investigators and Elder D. and I are going to be working our missionary suits off! Yesterday we had an awesome Weekly Planning and came up with some really good companionship goals that will really push us and help us find those people that the Lord has prepared for us. What makes it even more awesome is that Elder D. has such an amazing attitude and desire about the work and combined with mine, there is no doubt in my mind that we will find those people AND have fun at the same time. We also LOVE the language and are going to be speaking this language all the time and increase our speaking abilities. He is already a genius at the language and he is only in his 4th transfer. He is WAAY good and I am so blessed to have such a good speaker because I, too, am young in the mission and I am definitely not perfect at this language and having a companion who can help me in the language too is such a great blessing.
So, one thing that was interesting for me this past week was that yesterday the missionaries gave talks in Sacrament meeting. I was so nervous!! I know that giving talks is something that I love to do and I get really excited for, but that is in English, and Hungarian, well, that's a different story, ha ha. The topic was Repentance, which was such a fun topic to really study up on, and it went really well! But it still was super scary!
Alrighty, before I leave, I will just say, “Thank you Ashleigh and Alisha for your emails.”  49ers WOONNNNNNNNN YEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Super Bowl here we come!! It sounds like it's going to be one intense game especially that it's going to be a “Harbowl.” You'll have to tell me ALL about it, from all of the families perspectives :P Someone needs to wear Red and Gold face paint for the game for me. (Alisha, I'm counting on you for that, ha ha!) Rachel is going to Honolulu?!?! That's so awesome!! Congratulations!! She will have so much fun!
Thank you so much for your letters and I hope you all have a fun filled week with tons of blessings!
Sincerely,
Magda Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment