Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Transfer Numero Nyolc (8)



March 26, 2013
Well Howdy!

Transfers, once again, are here and as quickly as ever! This transfer came ridiculously quick and both my companion and I kept telling each other today 'Where did the time go?!?!' Yeah, it was way to fast for my taste, well, for both of our tastes. News from the top: Unfortunately, Elder H and I will not be staying together; neither will I be staying for a 5th transfer in Pécs. Blast! I so wanted to stay for another because that would have meant that I would have been here for 6 months. Wouldn't that have been way cool?! It would be at least some kind of record. Anyways, Elder H is staying and getting a younger companion and I, pedig (however), will be going to Békéscsaba into a threesome. Whaaaaaaat!! Crazy, right? There's more, in this companionship, the senior companion, who is now going to be in his last transfer, is the Branch Leader for the Branch there, and because this will be his last transfer, I have been told that I will be filling in his position as Branch Leader probably when he leaves. Even MORE crazy!!! That means I will have to do everything a Branch Leader does in HUNGARIAN!! I have both feelings of absolute excitement and nervousness. It's going to be so much fun. It will definitely be interesting to be in a tripanionship, but it will be fun nonetheless. 

Another sad thing with transfers is that Elder A, my trainer, is going home. It's now been two years for him and he is heading home now. It's so saddening because I love that guy so much. He has been one of my closest friends in the mission, which is probably because he was my trainer and everything. But, it will definitely be a sad thing to see him go. He'll definitely have a lot of fun being back home. But his mission son will definitely miss him. 

Some other stuff that happened this week, yesterday it snowed six inches of snow!! Yeah, it's definitely not like the spring that's happening over there in Cali. So, basically, yesterday all of our programs cancelled and tracting wasn't really working, so we spent the rest of the day going around people’s houses and trying to offer service somehow. We actually ran into a married couple that we met with a while back who we haven’t been able to reschedule with for a while and they were working on shoveling the snow from there walk ways and drive way so that their car could get in. So, we were able to help them out with that! That marked my official first time snow shoveling in my life. It was so much fun! Plus the couple was really glad that we came to help them out and they wanted us to come back and visit them sometime. Thank yyyyooouuuuu service opportunities! Ha ha, there was a part when I was shoveling the snow where the wife kept telling me 'That jacket of yours is too thin! You're going to catch cold!' It was soo funny. 

So, for a cool miracle find for the week, Sunday we had a few hours of finding left in the day and we felt as though we should go try and visit this less active family that we have been given by the branch. We have tried several times already with no success. So this, time we went, rang their bell aaaannnndddd.......no go. No one picked up. With that, we decided to tract some other apartment buildings that were right next to it. After going through 1.5 buildings, we came across an older lady, who said, when she opened the door, 'Oh, are you boys the Mormon missionaries?' 'Yup, we sure are.' 'How wonderful, I used to be Mormon a loooongg time ago.' 'Really? Would you have time for us to come in and share a brief message with you?' She then closed the door (I forgot to tell you that she was speaking to us through this miniature door within her front door......confusing? Just imagine a front door with a much smaller door that's right dead in the center of the front door that you can open up just to see who the person is that is knocking) and opened it back up and let us in. We were able to talk to her for quite a bit and about some of the concerns that she had with the church and we helped her in answering some of them. She also has been having some health issues and we offered to help her with anything she needed and she gave us the biggest grin and told us that we could come back anytime. Elder H and I really felt like the Lord’s shepherds in that program. I felt the Spirit so strongly during that program. 

Oh, and another cool program we had this week. We met for the first time with this younger teenage guy who had met with the missionaries a few years back. We tracted into him last week and we set up a program with him. When we met with him we were able to see why he met with the missionaries in the first place, what he liked about having them over, why they stopped meeting and he told us that he still believed that the Book of Mormon is true, but had some other concerns whether or not there needed to be one true church. We then talked to him about the Restoration and about the priesthood authority to lead and direct Christ's church and about Joseph Smith being that latter day prophet to restore Christ's church upon the earth again. After reading the first vision with him and bearing testimony of the Book of Mormon, I felt prompted to ask him if he had any questions or concerns about what we talked about and he sat there for a little bit, then looked back at me with a such a sincere smile on his face and said 'I don't have any'. There was an immense power in that room that was so indescribable. I honestly felt like my spirit was testifying with all of its might of the divinity of Jesus Christ and of my Savior and it was magnified through the Holy Ghost. It was such a powerful witness to me that the Spirit does bear witness when we testify, and I only pray that the guy that we met with felt it also.

This week has been so great for me and my companion and it is sad to see that it is coming to an end. But, I still have work to do and it is now going to be in Békéscsaba. I'm super excited. Oh! And by the way, next week Thursday will mark my one year mark. Crazy, right? I think this has been the fastest year in my entire life. Why did time have to choose NOW to be the time when it should go by really fast? Ughh! So weird!

Alrighty, you all have a fantastic week this week and keep the Spirit as close to you as possible. Love you all! 

Sincerely,
Magda Elder

P.S Congratulations Heather with your Farewell!!! Oh I wish I could have been there to support you, but I guess seeing you when you get here and being there for your welcome home will have to suffice. By the way, if I am called to be a trainer when you come into the country, I will get to be there in the meeting with you when you get your trainer! That will be SOOO awesome if that happens. And in answer to your questions, the internet cost here is around 200 forint an hour, which is around 1 dollar. Pretty cheap. What do sisters eat here....well the sisters in our district said that they eat sandwiches and soup quite often and sometimes have McDonalds since it is right across where they live. Ha ha, I don't know so much about that question. Basically you just get what you want and you can always try and make something new then you just have to be thrifty with what you have. Oh, and if you know how to make Hungarian dishes back at home, then you will LOVE making them here because they have all the 'true' Hungarian stuff here which makes it ALL the more better. And other advice.....study from Preach My Gospel before you go into the MTC. It helps SOOO much. Trust me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment