Monday, April 8, 2013

The Glass is Half-Full



April 8, 2013
Whhhyyy Helloo Theerrree!

Wow, can you believe that it's been a year since I've been on my mission? I sure can't! What the heck?!?! Where did the time go?!?! I remember looking at the chart back at home right before I went into the MTC and saw it completely blank, also seeing how many stickers it would take to get up to the year mark. Little did I know that this would be the fastest year of my life! How did it feel on your end? For me this past year felt like it was maybe a half-year or less! Did it feel fast for you? Slow? Regular? Another weird thing that I have also recognized from hitting my year mark; my birthday is almost less than 2 months and I'm going to be 21!! (Looks down at the earth and throws-hands up in the air) Come on! Can't you give this guy a break here! Stop rotating so fast so that time doesn't have to go as fast! I'm going to be an old fart soon! Laaammmmeee. 

Weather forecast in Békéscsaba for this week: Absolutely miserable. Seriously, we did not see the sky at all this week because of the dumb clouds.  Included with those clouds was nonstop rain! Friday was an absolute downpour. At one point in the day, we were walking out of a 10 story building to get to a bus stop that was about 30 minutes away and by the time we reached the bus, our entire bodies were soaked from head to toe. There was no part of us that was not wet. Ha ha, poor Elder J's shoes, which are now beyond the title of just 'veteran shoes' and should now be titled 'going into retirement', were like sponges and absorbed every small puddle that he would walk in. Towards the beginning of this expedition he was avoiding puddles and trying to dodge any sort of water that would possibly soak his shoes. But that ended very quickly with the amount of water that was coming down on us and he just started trucking through puddles. Though it was kind of a dismal day, it was still way fun and memorable. 

So I did get those packages that you sent just this Friday! Thank the Zone Leaders who were in Budapest this Wednesday and brought them down to our District Meeting we had on Friday. Such awesome elders. Thank you OOOOOHHHH so much for the packages! It was just what I needed! Shout out to The Henries and Sister Marshall for the goodies that they sent! I cannot tell you the expression that I had on my face when I opened them up and saw the Peanut Butter. It was like manna from heaven almost, ha ha! 

A little more about Békéscsaba. Being in Pest and Pécs, I was kind of spoiled a little bit. Both are pretty big cities and everything is really close and we just used the bus systems to get from place to place. Békéscsaba, pedig, is much much smaller compared to the other two cities. I don't know how to explain the size difference.....example........hmmmm........the city is so small that we basically just walk everywhere. I don't know, ha ha, I'm terrible with examples. Don't judge me!! Also, with the branch, there are, on average, 10 people that come to church, aside from the missionaries. So there are usually 16-20 of us at church. Pretty small, right? A lot smaller than my last two areas. But that just means that we have a bunch of work ahead of us to build up the branch! Woohooyeahyippeskidileedoofwaaa (in the way that the Angry Birds cheer when you beat one of the levels). We are all really excited about it :) 

Conference was an interesting set-up, because we were in charge of setting it up! It was so weird being the guys behind the scenes. It's a lot tougher than it seems. Plus, we watched it all in Hungarian, besides Priesthood session because the only priesthood in the branch is the missionaries so we just listened to it in English. Unfortunately they didn't announce a temple that would be built in Hungary, but it was mentioned by the Prophet Sunday morning! That's the next best thing! When we heard President Monson talking about the city Debrecen (which is in the South East) we all got super excited and were super happy that our country was mentioned in Prophets talk. 

Alrighty, I am going to have to end this short unfortunately because I'm at an internet place that times you and I'm almost outta minutes. I feel like I'm on some sort of cell phone plan when I use these kinds of computers. One more shout out to the future Elder Clayson! Congratulations on your mission call! I'm super stoked to hear about it! 

Love you all and ‘stay on the sunny side of life!’

Sok szeretettel,  (Lots of Love)
Magda Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment