Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Achooooooo!



May 7, 2013
Well Hello There,

So, first off, I'm sorry that you are getting this a day late. I forgot to let you all know that this week was going to be transfer week and that our P-day was being moved from Monday to Tuesday. So if any of you were worrying where my email was, don't worry, HERE IT IS! 

So, for news with transfers, Elder Ch. and I will be staying together for another transfer here in Békéscsaba!!! Wooohoo! We are both really excited to be serving together for another transfer. Both of us have been having a lot of fun together and get along really well. And, he will be my second companion who I have served for two transfers!........Well, almost two transfers. He and I will at least have served together for a transfer and a half by the end of this one since we both started our companionship in the middle of last transfer. But, we'll count it has two transfers. :) Oh, and since we are staying together, I actually won't be the Branch Leader for Békéscsaba. Instead, Elder Burch from Debrecen (who is one of the elders who went caving with me and Elder Headrick) will be taking that position. He is such an awesome guy and I am sure he will make a great branch leader. 

In another news with transfers, Elder Johnson is going home after his two years of service. It's so sad!!! He is an excellent missionary and has done so much for the branch here in Békéscsaba. With fast Sunday being this past Sunday, many of the members came up and bore their testimonies and included Johnson in their testimonies and that they felt so blessed to have had him in their branch. They are for sure going to miss him and I'm going to miss him. 

And another random fact about transfers issssss........at the end of this transfer, guess who's going to be in the mission.............That's right, you got it, the one and only Magda Nővér!! Holy cow the time has just been cruising by. I don't know what I'm going to do when that day finally comes. I've been waiting for just about half a year for this day and all I have to do is wait for another six weeks. And next month is June! Do you know what that means?!?! I turn 21!!! Egad!! I have yet to find a grey hair, but I wouldn't be surprised if I find one on my birthday. :P 

Oh, so you wanted some information about Elder Ch. First off, he is from Riverton, Utah and has been in the mission 2 transfers longer than I have. He is actually in the same group as Sister MacKay (who is in her last transfer by the way). He has 6 siblings and is basically the middle child of his family. He is an absolute goofball! I love him to death! Ha ha, I think every day he has gotten me to the point where I can hardly breathe when I'm laughing. I don't know how he does it! We'll just be talking randomly about something and then he will turn it into a joke and I will be laughing uncontrollably. Definitely a great thing to have in a companion when you are having a really hard day and he is able to make you laugh and it makes the day a whole lot easier. 

For a highlight of the week, if you would call this a highlight, allergy season has come to Hungary and it is striking with a vengeance! Oh my word it is SOO bad for both my companion and I, both of us have really bad allergies, and right now everything is blooming and pollen is everywhere. We basically cannot stop sneezing or rubbing our eyes because of how terrible it gets. We had to take a break in the middle of our finding this week because we ran out of tissues and had to go back and get more and recuperate. We didn't want people to open the door and see two boys with red eyes and runny noses ask if they could share with them a short message of the gospel. We thought that people may not have accepted our message as well with our faces looking that bad. I think the worst day though was on Friday we were coming back from Szeged from a district meeting that we had there and I think I was sneezing consistently for maybe 10-15 minutes straight and rubbing my eyes because they itched so bad. Elder Rae, the elder from Kansas City, looked at me and saw how bad my face looked and asked 'Oh hey Elder Magda, I almost couldn't recognize you.' Yeah, it was not a pretty sight. 

The Valley Choral Concert has already come and gone?? Whaaaattt?!?! Dang, I miss singing for that choir so much. Tell them all that I miss them and that I am glad that everything worked out for the concert. Brianna Blair's family is in our ward now?? Whhhaaaaaatttt x2! My goodness things are changing back at home. Tell them that I welcome them into our ward all the way from Hungary for me. Oh man, listening to your story about all of you going to McDonalds and getting 'swiggies' is so awesome! That totally reminds me of home and all those times when I would join all of you and it was just funny to be there because I was the only guy. But every time I would go I was never disappointed. :) 

So, for Mother's Day, Elder Ch. actually has a webcam that we are going to put on the computer at the branch house, so we won't have to go to someone’s house. And we will probably do it right after church, so I can possibly Skype you around 8:30 or 9 AM your time. So, expect an incoming Skype call around that time.

Well, once again I am off to, well, save the world! Oh, and if any of you didn't know, prayer is the most spectacular gift God has given us. I cannot tell you how much it has changed my life dramatically and this week I have really come to find that the verse in the Doctrine and Covenants that says 'Pray always that you may come off conquer...' is absolutely true. I have found the truth within this scripture and I know that any and all of us can overcome any trial or hardship in our lives, whatever it may be, by always praying and leaning on the Lord that he will be there for us and all we need to do is trust in Him. Don't take prayer for granted! 

I love you all and I pray for the best for all of you. See you next week!
Sincerely,
Magda Elder





No comments:

Post a Comment