Monday, January 27, 2014

Hooray for Game Night!

January 27, 2014
Hi

Ok Alisha, let me tell you what happened after I read that story of yours. While in the middle of reading it, I decided to tell my companion that you actually saw Chris Hemsworth and he was super stoked to hear it.
Then as I read to the end of your story and found out the real story, I , filled with embarrassment, told him what really happened.
He just stared at me like I was some sort of dummy. Ha ha, we just laughed about it. Thanks for the story though! You fooled me. :P I'm a sucker for those, I don't know why. (His sister sent him an email detailing how she and her mom were in Chipotle here in Citrus Heights and ran into the actor, Chris Hemsworth.  The story had SOME truth to it.  Only, the guy was just a look-alike. See the bottom of this post for the tricksy story his sister told. )
By the way, the quote you gave me for this week is from The Office and it's when Michael is speaking to Toby when he says it. I'm pretty sure that's right. I still quote it from time to time.

I really don't know what to so say about this week, I apologize. We've actually been kept really busy with meeting with new investigators and meeting with people. This week we were able to get 6 new investigators! And they are all legit!
Elder Flake and our newest member 
Each of them are interested and are already progressing and keeping their commitments. We should, by the end of next week, have around 18 or so progressing investigators. This city's on fiiirrrreeeee!!!!! We're loving it so much, even more so our investigators.
Having hot chocolate with our investigators 
They are so incredible! We actually put one of our investigators on bap date for March which we are super stoked for! She is really coming along and she is looking forward to it. 
Just can't keep a straight face...

This week we actually went to Budapest again for interviews with our mission president. It was really nice. We talked about how I was doing coming into this last stretch of my mission. We talked about some of the things that I have seen in my progression as a missionary and as myself for when I go home. We talked a lot about the doctrines and principles that I have been able to implement into my life and the teachings that I have been learning as I have been teaching my investigators. We also talked about the work in Eger and how it has been growing. We talked about what could maybe happen to me this last transfer, whether I stay or go to another city for a month before I go home. I'm hoping a stay actually because I would love to be here for some of the baptisms that we may be having these next two months and also I want to stay with these investigators till the end. I am soooo gonna miss teaching people the Gospel! I love it so much! I know I will have opportunities back at home and at church and stuff, but it won't be the same like being here. I'm definitely looking forward to helping the missionaries when I get back home. Hopefully they'll have time for me to work with them here and there. 

For this week I just wanted to share with you what has been starting to grow more and more as the weeks go by here in Eger.....Game night!
GAME NIGHT!!!!!
For the past few months we have been struggling to find people that have been wanting to come to game night, which is where we play ping pong, puzzles, board games, card games, music and other stuff so our investigators can interact with the members and also with the missionaries more.
Setting up for Game Night
But we've had to kind of shut it down for a while because no one really came. But, as we have been increasingly getting more investigators, especially more youngs ones, we have decided to bring it back and it is a HUGE hit!
Settlers of Catan is a popular game.
We have 7-8 investigators come and a few members with the missionaries and it is an absolute blast! I'm going to share some pictures with you guys so you can enjoy. :) But the main point is that our investigators love going and have so much fun and it has been helping with establishing a good trust and bond with them. :) 
*Sigh*  It was a long turn.

Anyways, that is all I really have for this past week. This upcoming one is going to be super busy though, which we are certainly not mad about. I'd rather be busy than not. I love you all; tell everyone you see that I love them and that I I'm looking forward to seeing them. Just prepare them for the arrival. :) 

Sincerely, a vicces barátod (a funny friend)
Magda Elder



Dear Blake,

Wow!  What a story!  I’m so sorry you lost those keys.  How awful to take a train all of the way up to Budapest and not to find them.  So this week was amazing!!! Last Tuesday mom came home from work and didn’t want to make lunch so guess where she took me??? You guessed it Chipotle!! Do you remember Chipotle? Giant burritos?  Lime tortilla chips?  So very yummy.  So we are waiting in this enormous line of people chatting about movies and which ones we would like to see when mom and I noticed this guy standing in line.  He had a wool coat on and short blond hair.  There was something familiar about the way he was standing.  When he turned his head to the side you could see a slight bit of beard stubble on his face.  Mom went all still and quiet and looked at me with big eyes.  I asked her what was up.  Her eyes got even wider.  She leaned toward me and said….”Mumble, mumble, mumble..”  Well.  That’s all I could hear because the noise in the place was unreal.  You remember how it is.  Stupid racket.  Anyway, Mom had to repeat herself several times before I heard her say, “Alisha, isn’t that Chris Hemsworth?”  Chris Hemsworth?????? 
  I turned back to the front of the line and stared.  We both strained our ears to catch what he was saying to the burrito girl behind the counter.  Again, stupid racket.  Finally, there was a break in the noise and we heard the familiar tone of none other than…….The REAL CHRIS HEMSWORTH!!!!!   Can you believe it????  Mom and I wondered if there was any way we could somehow talk to him.  (We wanted an autograph!)  He ordered kind of a large order and there was one other person between him and us.  The crazy thing was no one else noticed him.  No one seemed star struck at all.  I don’t know what we were thinking.  Was he going to autograph our burrito bowls?  Our chip bag?  Hahahahaha! 

He sat down with a couple of people and mom and I decided to brave it out and sit at a table right next to him.  Mom was totally chicken, so I leaned over and in a joking voice asked if he was Chris Hemsworth.  He laughed in that deep sort of voice and told me to keep it quiet.  Can you believe this?????   Mom and I told him we really enjoyed him in Thor, Avengers, and Red Dawn.  We told him that dad was from South Africa and wondered what he thought of America. After a good half an hour of talking with him, people started to stare. That’s when he said it was time for him to leave before it got too crazy. So we shook hands and got him to autograph a napkin.
That is our big, huge, enormous news for this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J Actually, this didn’t really happen this way.  When he ordered the food we realized he was just a look alike.  Ha Ha!  Our week was really boring so I thought we should spice it up a bit.  Did you like my story?  Did I get ya??????  Love, Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment