Tuesday, January 14, 2014

News! Right Back At Ya!



January 14, 2014
Greetings friends and family!


This letter is for all of you that are interested (and also to the ones that are not interested—here’s hoping that it may interest you later on, but we'll see, it's just my hope......anyways).

Stumped you, did I? The answer for last week’s movie quote was from none other than......The Other Guys!!!! For those who haven’t seen it, you should, ‘cause it's hilarious. 

Firstly, I am going to inform you about the drastic drama that has just occurred, which is, in the missionary language.........transfer calls. *Duh duh duuuuhhh!* Things have changed for this companionship, sadly to say. Two brothers, born from another mother, are being torn apart; separated from each other. Tears have been shed *that may be a lie*, but seriously, it's definitely a bittersweet departing. Both Elder Gaytán and I have had SO much fun together. Plus, we have done some amazing work this transfer. We've loved every bit of it and have grown tremendously from our time together. Now the question is for all of you, who do you think is staying and who is going? Well..........I'll give you some time to think.....................waiting...........waiting...........have you got it?............Are you sure?...........Is that you're final answer?............If you're answer was that I was leaving and Elder Gaytán was staying, then, unfortunately, you are the weakest link, and I must say goodbye to you. But, to those who believed that I am staying, you are correct! I am staying for at least another 5 weeks here in Eger with Elder F. who is coming from Szeged. He is actually from Elder Sh.'s group, so he is still pretty young in the mission, but I'm pretty excited to see how everything plays out. I haven’t heard much about home, only that he was trained by Elder H., one of my companions in Pécs and also from the same MTC group as me. But other than that, I don't know much about him. Elder Gaytán pedig(in turn) is going to Buda with someone from his group, Elder G. He's pretty stoked for his transfer call. He's going to love Buda. You wanna know something interesting about this last transfer calls? It only means that I have one more left......and then I'm done. Weird to imagine, right?
Riding our horses to the country music


Alrighty, I'm so sorry to do this to you all, but I'm just going to send some pictures for you all and throw in some behind the scenes info. We have so many people that we are meeting with today it's almost not even funny, ha ha <-----I just laughed after saying that, so it is a little funny. But I hope you enjoy the pictures! :D 
 
We're making tacos!  Duh!
We can read a recipe.  Got it!


On New Year ’s Eve we went over to our investigators and made real tacos with them. These were the pictures from them. The one where it looks like we're riding on a horse (1st of the pictures) is because we were listening to country music and we decided to pose for the picture.
Eating tacos makes us happy!



So here are the pictures of the girl that was baptized this week.
Baptism in Eger.  
She was actually supposed to be baptized on Saturday, but apparently the pool was scheduled for a different day and we didn't know that till we got there.
Awesome new member of the church!
So, we rescheduled it for yesterday and it went wonderfully. Elder Gaytán baptized her and I will be confirming her on Sunday. She is super awesome! She is way prepared and has already told us how she already feels different and how she is looking forward to Sunday.
Eger members at the baptism


Here is another investigator we are teaching. 
She is super fun! Plus she is really interested in everything we teach her and has already finished 1 Nephi and is praying about baptism. We love meeting with her and I am super glad to be staying her to continue teaching her.
Awesome Investigator.  We, however are silly.


 
This is what eating at restaurants does to our faces.
And for a little home stuff to reply to. Brother Folkman is our new bishop?!?!?! What the wha?!?! That's crazy!! I did not see that coming. Congratulations! I hope he's excited for it! I now kind of understand to an extent the weight that he is going to have on his shoulders after serving here and in Békéscsaba, being that the elders are basically in charge of the branch and all of its functions. Tell Brother Stevenson that I loved him as a bishop and appreciate the wonderful service he put into the ward. He is a remarkable leader and a wonderful example to me and I can only hope that I can acquire some of those same skills and talents of leadership that he had. And the apostle Dallin H. Oaks is coming to our stake?!?! GAHHHH!!! He should have come to the NEXT one, which I'm pretty sure I would be home for, ha ha. You have to tell me about it! I'm sure it will be a fantastic talk. :) 

Alrighty ya'll, I don't have a quote for this week, but maybe I'll think of one for next week. We'll see. Love you all! And keep sticking to it! Keep saying your nightly and morning prayers! God is there and listens to all you have to say. 

I'm going to end with something from the beginning.  Here is a "Throwback Tuesday" picture of me tableing in Pest.  I was on my 2nd transfer in Hungary almost two years ago.  Now I'm on my 2nd to last transfer in Eger.  Crazy stuff!  
Tableing in Pest two years ago

Sincerely, 
That guy who is still serving in Eger and will be maybe till the end of his mission and is really weirded out by the fact that this may be his last area before he goes home and is now thinking of stopping this because it is still weirding him out.........Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment