Monday, February 3, 2014

Prayers and Breadcrumb Trails

February 3, 2014
Na, csákány sztok!

Alrighty folks, this week was interesting for starters. One being that the busy week that we planned turned into a not so busy week filled with an oh so wonderful time of finding. Not what we were exactly looking for, but we made it fun anyways. We were able to find a few people that were interested and 1 of them said they would be able to meet this week. On the bright side, all the people that we weren't able to meet with this week said that they would promise to meet with us this week. So this week will be full of teaching opportunities. Super stoked! 

Also, for this week, we actually have an addition to our companionship.....Elder Dellenbach! Simply put, one of the elders from the other companionship here in Eger had to go up to Budapest today and will be up there for the next week or so for surgery for a hernia that he has. Ouch, I know. But he's a way kewl guy and isn't worried about it at all. I don't know about him, but I for one would definitely be a little bit nervous. Surgery just does not sound pleasant, but he is taking it like a champ. In result, his companion, who has only been in the country for 5 or so months, is staying with us for the week and we are excited to have him with us.

We actually had a funny weekly planning with him last night though. Their companionship is been going through a bit of a dry spell lately and has been finding nonstop for the past month or so with very little success. It hurts me seeing it because I know exactly how they are feeling having been through similar situations. So when we planned for our week and started talking about our investigators and writing down what we were going to teach them all, a little more than half way through our investigator list Elder Dellenbach says 'Holy cow, I have to go on to my next page in my planner!' Poor guy, ha ha, I couldn't help but chuckle though after he said that though. But he is excited for this week and having lots of programs planned with us. We're going to have a lot of fun. I've been serving around this kid for the past 3 months or so and he is an outstanding missionary. He has been a great example to me and reminding me about that greeny fire that has always been burning within me and to keep it alight all the way to the end. For a shout out to Elder Dellenbach's family, you have a great son. I love him to death and he is doing a marvelous job. 

For a funny note this week, when I went shopping last week for food, normally I get some kolbász, which is the Hungarian sausage, to go with some of my meals. I just grab it from of the shelf and then go. Well, later in the week when I was going to use it for the first time, I go to open up the package that it is in and realize........someone had cut a piece off of it already!!!! And that's how it came!
The skimpy sausage
Wrapped, packaged and everything! Someone had the audacity to sell kolbász with a piece of it missing! What, did the guy at the factory or something get a little hungry and looked at it and was like 'Hmmmmm.....you know, I didn't have enough lunch this afternoon anyways.......no one will notice'. Pfffffttt, thanks a lot big guy! It sure made for a good laugh though. Took a picture of it too. I think it pretty much expresses my feelings after realizing what I bought. Note to self: Look at the entire package BEFORE purchasing. Stupid move on my part.

Now, on a more spiritual note, this week I got to prepare for another district training for district meeting and had the kewlest experience ever! I don't know if I've expressed it already before, but I absolutely love training at district meeting because I have the greatest experiences in my preparations for it. For this week’s training, like all of them, I had no clue what subject to train on and my mind was not producing any sort of ideas. So, I turned to prayer and asked for some guidance during my personal study to find that which I should teach my district. After closing my prayer I just decided to turn to where I left of in my Old Testament reading. These past few weeks I have been getting into the book of Isaiah and have loved it! On a quick side note, I have really recognized the innate feeling that I have towards looking forward to the Savior's second coming and having gone half-way through the book of Isaiah, I have come to love his words! Not only that, but I have finally begun to really understand what he's saying and the symbolisms that he uses. Anyways, so I went back to where I stopped and one of the verses from the chapter I had read the previous day really stuck out to me. It read, in Isaiah 35:3-4 'Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompense; he will come and save you.'  That first verse specifically had an impact on me. So I decided to use that somehow, but had no real clue how. Keeping that prayer that I offered in my heart, I decided to look around and right things down that would come to my mind and the scriptures that I started to find along the way. It wasn't until AFTER I finished my training outline that I realized that this was exactly what the Lord was leading me to teach.

I got the biggest goosebumps after having finished it. I recognized too how the Lord, with the scriptures I found, led me to the final result like a trail of bread crumbs. I can't explain to you how invigorating it was! Later in the week after that I also found a scripture that explained perfectly the experience that I had with the Spirit, when Nefi, before he sneaks into Jerusalem to get the plates from Laban, he says in 1 Nephi 4:6 'And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.' I really had no clue what to teach! But after praying, I allowed the Spirit to direct me and by doing so, I was lead towards that which I should do. Plus, Elder Dellenbach gave the spiritual thought before my training at our district meeting and the verse he used was one of the ones that I was going to use! And Elder Flake chose the opening Hymn and picked How Firm a Foundation, which also went perfectly with the training. And after I gave the training I had that confirming feeling within my entire body that what I taught was what I was meant to teach. Such a testimony builder! I love the scriptures! I love prayer! I love having the Spirit with me! It is the greatest gift to ever have! If I could declare to the entire world how absolutely life changing these things are I would. I love how the Lord has been guiding me, in this instance and in others and in ones that he will in the future. Read your scriptures! Pray beforehand especially! And I can guarantee that you will be blessed immensely. 

Well that was my spiel. I hope you enjoyed this issue of Gettin' Hungary with Elder Magda. I love this work and I love the Lord. What more can I say! 

Sincerely, a te fiad, (your son)
Magda Elder


No comments:

Post a Comment