Monday, April 15, 2013

The One Thing You Can Count On Is Change



April 15, 2013
Dear Family and Friends,

So, basically I have no time at all to write anything. My time is almost out and I have got to go and do some other things before the day ends, but I will furiously type the things that have happened this week. 

For the main highlight, I am no longer in the same companionship. Yeah, there were some small things that happened in the mission. Elder H, who was my 2nd companion, was one of the Assistants to the President, but this past week he broke his foot exercising one morning and the doctors told him that he would have to have surgery on his foot, which meant that he would have to go back home and have that done. So, this past Wednesday, he took his flight back home. Fortunately he will be able to come back in June, the time when Heather comes into the country, to finish up his mission. Since he is on medical leave, his mission clock stops and will restart again when he comes back. It's such a sad happening! He is one of my best friends and it feels so weird with him gone!! I am definitely looking forward to him coming back. So this is how it affects me. President had a few changes he had to make due to this circumstance. One of the changes was that he called one of the elders from the other companionship in my city to go Secretary, and he asked me to replace his spot as District Leader. So, I'm still in the same city, but in a different companionship. My new companion is Elder Ch from Utah! He is 2 transfers older than I am, but we both are getting along super well and we are excited to be together. Ha ha, it's so funny that this happened, I was just getting settled in with the other elders and their investigators, and now I have to move and start over anew. Fun things happen while you're on a mission :) 

So that's basically the big thing that happened for me this week. I got to go up to Budapest to drop off Elder L and I got to have interviews with President, which was so awesome!! He has been such a great help for me with my questions and personal trials that I have been going through with the work and everything. We also got to talk about Heather for a little bit. He pointed to the board of new missionaries and said 'Do any of them look familiar to you?' 'Ummm....are you hinting to that girl that's on the board that says Heather Magda?' 'That's right! She'll be coming in this next June! We are so excited for her to arrive.' And so am I!!!! I think I may be more excited than president! Seeing her picture on the board brought so much excitement and enthusiasm! Plus she will be entering the MTC this Wednesday!!! WWWWWWHHHHAAAAAATTTTT?!?!?! Ohhhh she is going to have SOOO much fun!! She has to let me know how everything is going in the MTC and who her teachers are. I wonder if she will have the same ones as I had. Get ready to wear that 'Red dot' your first day :) Just 9 weeks and she will be in Hungary with her nephew, Magda Elder! 

Alrighty, that's all I can write for today. Oh, almost forgot, SPRING IS HERE!!!! I can wear short sleeved white shirts again!! It's truly a miracle. :) 

I love you all! And here is my motto for the week

And it came to pass also, that he caused the title of liberty to be hoisted upon every tower which was in all the land... 

Hoist those banners for all to see! Let them wave with pride! Let all see who you stand for, who you fight for. 

Sincerely, 
Magda Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment