Monday, March 11, 2013

A Week of Sickness



March 11, 2013
Guten Tag! (German, I know)
This week wasn't the most eventful of weeks unfortunately, especially since I caught the sickness that has been hitting all of the Hungarians here in Pécs. None of the other elders caught it, only me. Pretty sure it's because I'm part Hungarian. It just couldn't choose to pass over me. Oh, what the sickness was, forgot about that part. I have had a really bad cold, congestion, sore throat and terrible headache. Definitely not the most fun of illnesses. I tried to go out and tract for a little bit with it, but it ended up exhausting me to the point where I was going to collapse, so Elder Hunnicutt and I decided to help me recover by getting some rest. We had a fair amount of programs this week, which was really cool, and they are all progressing really well. We've been praying for them and preparing for them and things have been going really well.

Oh, almost forgot, along with the sickness I kind of lost my voice, which also took away most of my ability to sing and on Friday we had a program that we had to sing for. I was so depressed! Singing is one of the closest things to me and it's something that I cherish with all my heart and having it basically taken away from me saddened me quite a bit. I have really grown in my appreciation for music since I have been on my mission. I think it's because of all the things I did before my mission and then coming here there are only a limited amount of opportunities to use my ability, so I treasure every moment that I have to sing and love music.

Music is definitely something that I want to study when I get home. I love it SO MUCH and I only want to increase my knowledge, love and appreciation for it. I also want to come home and take voice training classes to help me fine tune my voice. I am so grateful to have been raised in music. It has been such a blessing in my life and I thank you, mom, for raising me in the music world. It's now something that is definitely a part of me and I never want to lose it. I'm excited to see what is in store for me when I get home. Of course it's not something that I am focusing on, but it has been in my mind for a little while how much I want to keep this in my life and be able to share the beauty of music with my talents.
It sounds like there are a lot of things that are going on back at home. Goodness gracious, the people going on missions is incredible! It's so exciting to hear all of the people leaving and getting their calls. I congratulate all those who have gotten their calls recently! I also wish the best of luck to Tara! She will be an outstanding missionary and she will absolutely love her mission and language.
Well, this week’s email will be cut short unfortunately, but just know that I will have a lot more for next week.

Sincerely,
Magda Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment